Thursday 29 September 2016

Creative Drawing - A day in the life of a fashion student

Last Thursday at university, my group mates and I spent the whole day in a drawing workshop (a long but very fun day.) To start with, I was dreading the day as six hours of drawing sounds draining, but kid you not it was one of my favourite days at university so far. I haven't spent hours drawing in a very long time, so spending the day doing this really helped me, as one of our units involves drawing and illustration work.


It wasn't just any type of drawing, it was mark making; using different types of pens and lines to create different marks. The first half of the session was trying this out with different pencils and then gradually getting to the stage where you'd explore with different types of media.

Pencil mark making
Watercolour mark making

Eventually, later on in the day, we experimented with line further, by doing continuous line drawing and blind drawing sketches. This way of drawing is my favourite way; the result you get is bizarre but also really cool and arty. I really enjoyed this exercise and hope to use this style of drawing a lot more.

                           


Lastly, for the last hour of the day, we were practising drawing hands, by far the hardest feature to draw on a human body. I've always avoided drawing hands as i'm reaallllyy not good at them. I've only ever drawn them if i've had to as i've never been good at them so this task was beneficial for me!                                                
 
             


No comments:

Post a Comment