Tuesday 4 October 2016

Creative Drawing - GIF making

'How do you make GIF's?' has been something i've always questioned when I see them on my Tumblr, Twitter and Pinterest newsfeed. Then, in Tuesday's workshop, this was what we did! I've finally been taught how to create them!! I was so excited to explore Photoshop and create layers to make one of these. Inspired by Hattie Stewart, I have created some GIF's like hers and I feel that her style and way of working is the same as mine.


How to make a GIF:
1) Background - find a magazine or an image you want to use that you want to turn into a GIF.
2) Layers - you need to create a variety of layers in order for the GIF to animate and flash.
3) Timeline - open up the 'timeline' window. Click 'create frame animation'. 
4) Speed - adjust the speed to what you prefer, but for mine, i've used 0.1 seconds.
 5) Timeline layers - use a new layer for each animation frame.
6) Loop - how many times do you want it to loop? I've set mine as 'forever'.
7) Saving - save your GIF by clicking on 'export', 'save for web (legacy).

No comments:

Post a Comment