Tuesday 18 October 2016

Creative Drawing - Adobe Illustrator - Part 2

PART 2 -

This was the second part of the adobe lesson where we explored the Adobe illustrator software further, but this time we learnt how to actually create garments.

We scanned in our garments we drew in the technical flat's drawing lesson a couple of weeks ago, so we could have a rough outline and a starting point. Then, we just explored with the program by using lines, and curving the lines to create the shape of the garment.


This task was really fun as it's always been something I've always wanted to explore and have always wondered how fashion designers do their illustrations. This is beneficial for me when designing garments and putting together outfits. I prefer this way of working rather than drawing them out by hand as this way allows me to quickly erase any errors I have made and allows me to draw accurately.

(In the process)

Our garments didn't look as professional when just drawing circles for the buttons or lines for the zip, so we were taught how to draw buttons and zips in an easy way. We used the same techniques that we learnt in the first lesson (using the align toolbar), which was great fun as I felt like a professional at using that toolbar!

No comments:

Post a Comment