Thursday 6 October 2016

Creative Drawing - Technical flats

Thursday's are drawing days, tiring but enjoyable. We were back in Passiv Haus (the really cool drawing studio that amazes me everytime) but this time we were drawing technical flats of our own garments so we can get use to drawing them by hand and get use to the shapes of them. I've never had a go at drawing these technical flats before so this was something completely new to me which I enjoyed a lot.
Passiv Haus
Each of us brought in two garments of any kind and we all drew our own garments as well as each others. We had them on hangers or draping over the easels so we could get a full view of the front and back of the clothes so our technical flats were accurate. The detail of the pattern wasn't important, it was more about the construction of the garment and the proportions. It was very fun drawing a variety of different clothes, from skirts to shirts, as every item was shaped and draped differently.


The item of clothing I really enjoyed drawing had to have been a denim jacket as it had a lot of detail compared to a pair of trousers. This took a lot more time too so focusing on all of the construction and lines was quite difficult at times!


Next lesson, we are exploring the Adobe software and looking at Illustrator, so having the experience of drawing by hand and using a computer to create these designs will help me decide which one i'm better at. Also, this task will help me out with my other unit i'm currently doing, digital fashion, as I am in the process of drawing garment designs for my project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment